THANK YOU for your support! We won $25,000 from Chase Community Giving as part of the Top 100 in Round 1! We could not have done this without the support of all our friends on Facebook.
Finishing in the Top 100 has now put us into the running for an even bigger prize – up to $500,000! You can check out our BIG IDEA video and learn how we will use the prize money.
We are the only program in Philadelphia, only Pennsylvania Charter School, only YouthBuild program, and one of only few AmeriCorps programs in the running for this prize, so we have a real shot, but we need your help.
Can we count on your vote on Thursday, May 19?
Please RSVP here on Facebook.
The most important thing you can do is vote here on May 19. Next, please get all your friends involved. Here’s a list of tips to help us win:
1. MAKE THE CASE. Share links to compelling videos about YouthBuild and ask them to vote:
2. CREATE VISIBILITY. Help us build a buzz.
3. SPREAD THE WORD. Share the voting link with everyone you know (use Templates found here)
- Send out a mass email
- Post to your Facebook wall
- Tweet on Twitter
4. MAKE IT PERSONAL. As much as possible, make personal asks to your friends, family contacts.
- Customize template email, then copy and paste into individual emails
- Send individual Facebook messages
- Use Facebook chat – ask friends while they’re on Facebook!
- Post on your friends’ walls
- Ask in person (pick up the phone!)
5. SAY THANK YOU. Acknowledge your friends when they vote.
- Make sure to “Like” status updates when a friends votes and/or shares the link
- Post a thank you on your wall
6. WHEN IN DOUBT, GO TO FACEBOOK. All of the links are on YouthBuild Philly’s page.
- Click “Share” on a video posted on our page
- Click “Share” the link to vote
- Invite friends to the “Vote for YouthBuild” event
Questions? Contact Kristen Forbriger at firstname.lastname@example.org